About Me

My photo
follow up from previous blog, http://conniekonnykards.blogspot.com/ I am retired here in UK, well into my seventies, and I have crafted as long as I can remember. OH John and I have been happily married for 54 years. We have a lovely family and a cat with attitude ...... Lots of work from my hobbies is on Flickr.

Thursday 26 August 2010

TAST 2010 - 26

Chained Cross Stitch
In over fifty years of doing cross stitch I never came across, or thought of, using a top chain stitch to add texture or accent.
Adding a chain as a top cross on this silhouette tree has added texture and depth, though it was a bit demanding on my eyes stitching on each square rather than over four as Sharon demonstrated.
I messed the background by using fabric crayons, not good on Aida fabric.
Too late I realized I should have used paint, but at that stage bad would have become worse!
The 'Sunset' pattern is from an old magazine, Cross Stitch Gallery 21, with background effectively done in cross stitch.
I intended doing the background in basic cross stitch, against which the tree would have looked good ......but my arm gave up.
I'm going to take a short break from stitching, if I can, to give the arthritis a chance to settle down ....... I hope!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment