About Me

My photo
follow up from previous blog, http://conniekonnykards.blogspot.com/ I am retired here in UK, well into my seventies, and I have crafted as long as I can remember. OH John and I have been happily married for 54 years. We have a lovely family and a cat with attitude ...... Lots of work from my hobbies is on Flickr.

Friday 3 September 2010

Postcard for Pat


Frustrated ....... by arthritis in my arm ......
and no hand embroidery this week.
So I decided to make a simple machine stitched postcard - a kind of stitch sampler.
Next I embellished it with bits from the scrap box, a lace initial, buttons, Broiderie Anglaise edging with hand dyed silk ribbon, and flower braid.
Not my favourite thing but it passed away a few hours!
It looks nicer than it shows here as the fabric is a pretty pale blue, not dull as it appears.

No comments:

Post a Comment