About Me

My photo
follow up from previous blog, http://conniekonnykards.blogspot.com/ I am retired here in UK, well into my seventies, and I have crafted as long as I can remember. OH John and I have been happily married for 54 years. We have a lovely family and a cat with attitude ...... Lots of work from my hobbies is on Flickr.

Tuesday 17 August 2010

Siennese Stitch Mini Sampler


Tast 2010 - 24
This is last week's stitch - I haven't been stitching, or using PC a lot recently as my arm is in a painful phase.
Hopefully it will be better again soon, I get frustrated!!!
The sampler is small, 6x6cm. on an Aida 14 count band in DMC Perle 5.
The pink and purple is variegated, green weaving is in a plain double thread.
This was quick and easy to do this afternoon, I enjoyed stitching it.
The weaving has added dimension and, I think, interest.

2 comments:

  1. Have commented on Flicker, but now i know the background fabric it makes a very pretty sampler background. The weaving is an interesting idea and does add an extra dimension to the work. Your choice of colour as usual is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this stitch very much! I understand fully about frustrating hand problems. I started embroidery again for the first time in years at the beginning of the year and was so energized about it, only to have to give it up for months.

    Laurie
    http://slowlysheturned.net

    ReplyDelete