About Me

My photo
follow up from previous blog, http://conniekonnykards.blogspot.com/ I am retired here in UK, well into my seventies, and I have crafted as long as I can remember. OH John and I have been happily married for 54 years. We have a lovely family and a cat with attitude ...... Lots of work from my hobbies is on Flickr.

Monday 4 April 2011

1000 Flowers


When I retired in 1996 I came upon a quote, "Let 1000 flowers grow." (Mao)
As we had always lived in the same house and had a flower garden I knew I had done just that over many years.
But I decided it would be a theme in retirement, in art and a variety of crafts. This was before I had a PC so all drawings, paintings, doodles and scribbles were in various sketch books and a fat A4 file - some pictures, textile art, and stitching were framed, most put into drawers or boxes. Now my craft room, well everywhere, is a chaotic mess of my collections and I must do some sorting and weeding.
So - a new project starts today - keep some drawings etc on disc, maybe add new ones, and discard lots. ("discard" is not usually in my vocabulary - it's going to be a challenge!)
Above is an early sheet of outlines, used for reference in making many greetings cards, which I sold for charity.

Some of the ideas were drawn onto small wooden tiles with felt pens. The squares are 'inchies' and ovals are 2x1 inches. I still have a few, although not varnished the colours have stayed bright



I doubt I'll really tidy up or reduce the clutter, but I will enjoy going through things - including re-reading many flower quotes I have saved ....
"Flowers have spoken to me more than I can tell in written words" (Lydia M Child) -
.... very true!

5 comments:

  1. What a good idea!
    Can we follow you going through things???
    :)
    You have such a great collection...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about deleting the comment...I just meant to edit it and add another comment about your stitching.

    Your "clutter" is so interesting I just love your flowers and your cards. They are wonderful.

    I like doing shisha mirrors, although I found them difficult as well. What are the discs, they look good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was nice and impressive post i read it and it was incredible thank you so much for sharing this kind of info with us you are so good and amazing with your work i appreciate that thank you.  Website

    ReplyDelete