About Me

My photo
follow up from previous blog, http://conniekonnykards.blogspot.com/ I am retired here in UK, well into my seventies, and I have crafted as long as I can remember. OH John and I have been happily married for 54 years. We have a lovely family and a cat with attitude ...... Lots of work from my hobbies is on Flickr.

Monday 28 January 2013

Getting Motivated .....

At last I have stirred myself after being completely lethargic for most of last year - I have made 40+ simple cards to sell for charity funds for the local hospital where I have had many stays and treatments, and still I'm a "regular" in several departments ....
 most of these cards are small fabric panels layered onto good quality card...
When I was searching through old stash from card making days years ago I came upon a watercolour pencil painting, unfinished on the left side, so I used a copy for a new blog header. It has inspired me to draw a few doodle flowers for the next batch of cards, (always hoping and assuming that the first lot will sell!).

13 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! Of course they will sell!! Absolutely beautiful and unique. You make the most beautiful cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I so enjoy crafting. Although I don't get out often the days are never boring and I love hearing from you and other blogging friends. Connie, x

      Delete
  2. Hello Connie!! Glad to see you posting and these cards are just great - they'll sell brilliantly and the new blog header is AMAZING!!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Viv - lovely to hear from you - I try to keep up with friends from the old days but don't always manage to - I'll drop you a card soon, Connie, x

      Delete
  3. Welcome back Connie it is good to see you blogging again. Love your new header your water colour is beautiful. I am sure there will be not problem selling those great cards.
    Hope your health and energy continues to improve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley - lovely to hear from you - I've missed seeing your work in recent months and will make an effort to catch up - I still have quite bad days but make the most of better times! Connie, x

      Delete
  4. Lovely to see you posting again I like the new blog header :) and what a wonderful idea to make these lovely cards to raise funds for the hospital x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yvonne - I've missed keeping in touch and will catch up. Hope you keep well, Connie,x

      Delete
  5. Greetings from Canada, Victoria BC. I check your blog and flicker account often to see what handiwork you have done. You are so talented and an inspiration. I wish you experienced less pain I can't imagine how difficult it must be to deal with it. You are so artistic, keep posting, we love seeing your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for your kind message, you flatter me! I so enjoy art, crafting, and seeing the lovely work of everyone who contacts me.
      Today I have been "playing" with buttons, making toppers for charity cards - I'll post a pic soon, Connie, x

      Delete
  6. Hi Connie just caught up with your blog, my you've been busy, I'm so pleased you are feeling better.
    The new blog header is lovely, is it one of your paintings. Hope all the family are well.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy to have found your blog. Maybe you could post some more for us to be inspired by??

    gramswisewords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy to have found your blog. Maybe you could post some more for us to be inspired by??

    gramswisewords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete